Friday, July 3, 2009

Remembering Grandparents


I feel very blessed to have gone my whole life with the influence of my grandparents. Both my mom's parents and my dad's parents are still living, and it has been such a great blessing to have known them. I am also very blessed to have a Great Grandma still living. however every time we go visit her we also go and visit my great grandpa hutchins at the cemetery.
As we sat there this trip, and we put patriotic flowers by his grave i couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to have known the man i know so much about. to me it feels as if i know him but i know i don't truly have memories of him because he passed away before my parents were even married. but they've carried on his legend as they've all told stories of grandpa and still brought him up in conversations.
i know my grandpa was a great man, and i thank him at this time for raising such wonderful kids, loving such a wonderful woman, and blessing us even years later after he lived his life.

I truley do love you Grandpa Hutchins and i can't wait to meet you one day.



Also in the same Grass Valley Cemetery my grandpa Don's parents are barried. i truly wish i could have known my Great Grandma Nanna, and Grandpa Sam. However as i watch my Grandpa Don, i know that their legacy lives on through him and the amazing man that he is.
Ancestry is such a powerful thing, and coming from our relgion i have a strong testimony that i will see them (my grandparents) and meet them again. i will have the opportunity to sit with them and learn from them first hand.
A few summers back i had the powerful opportunity to be baptized for my Great Grandma Barringer. As my grandpa led me into the font i don't think i knew or understand the power of the action that i would soon be completing for my grandma. Because of me she now has the opportunity to accept the gospel and be sealed to her husband and to my grandpa. the power of the temple and the work of the dead is real.
This I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment