Sunday, September 6, 2009

up-date on college life

College life is for sure everything it's cracked up to be, if you make it of course. I'm having loads of fun, yes everyonce in a while my homework overwhelms me, but it's nothing i can't handle...(yet) i'm enjoying my classes, and i am having fun learning new things. I love institute and crave those three times a week where i can find refuge in the walls of the institute building. I love that the Twin falls temple is so close, and easily accessable, and i love my job.
I am working at Lincoln Elementary in the After School Program. The kids are the light of my life, they are precious. They all come from different back grounds, some scary, some hard, some ok, but for two hours after school they are all mine. mine to hug, mine to help, and mine to love.
My newest friend this week was a little girl named Virgina, whom i call Ginnie. She is a doll. with big Blue eyes, dark dark black hair, and a sweet voice she just melts your heart. one day after rec-time Ginnie asked me if i could be her mom, because she loved me more. i just leaned down and hugged her, and i wanted so badly to just take her with me forever,to allow her to leave what ever home situation she felt so uncomfortable in, of course i can't but i just hold on to those two precious hours that i have with her each day.
my room mates are fantastic. this weekend Camille and I were the only ones left at the apartment, so we went to the movie, baked, and watching chick flicks all night, and even had a sleep over on our own couches. It was loads of fun! too bad normal life will start too soon! lol
I've been spending alot of time with a guy named Steve Warner, he's a fantastic guy, and it'll be interesting to see where this leads...
Over all with strength coming from above i feel better than i have for a long time. closer to my savior, happier with life, and enjoying it to it's fullest!!!!

until next time,
Emily Zilles

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed all your new blogs! I loved all the pictures. Such a beautiful one to grandpa and fun to see Lea and roommates ect! Thank you for keeping us posted.
    MOm

    ReplyDelete