Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Can you think of a better way to bring in the new year than Ecuadorian Style??? We had a fantastic new year at my house, celebrating with all different traditions that i learned my year in Ecuador. We had lots of yummy Ecuadorian foods, we burned an Ano Viejo, we even ate 12 grapes at midnight making a wish on each one! It was so much fun! I enjoyed re-living my ecuadorian side and sharing it with family and friends. Here are a few pictures.


Shane and I with our finished Ano Viejo


some of the gang after we burned the ano viejo


and of course we banged pots and pans!

I look forward to the year 2010 and the many adventures it will bring!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. It really was such a fun fun night! Thank you for sharing all of your fun new special traditions with us! You forgot to mention we stayed up most of the weekend watching movies and slept half the day! What a life! I miss it! Thank you for being you! What about belting out AeroSmith as loud as we could riding in the Darango! Shane... you still hanging around after that?????? WOW!

    ReplyDelete