Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~I wish the Season would last all year round~




(Grandma Lou Lou's Christmas Eve)

The presents are all opened, the tree has been taken down, living rooms no longer are scented with pine, and lights no longer adorn roofs of the neighboring houses. the snow has lost it's shimmer and radios no longer play christmas tunes. it's always slightly depressing to me as the christmas season comes to an end i feel a sense of loneliness as i take the tree down. as the stockings get packed up until next year, as well as the nativity i feel as if the Christmas season came and went once again way too quickly.
i am forced to think of Christmases past and most recently the Christmas of 2009. it was a wonderful season, full of love, and joy. surrounded by all my loved ones and new friends as well i felt like the luckiest girl on the planet. I truly have SO very much to be grateful, and most of that didn't come in a stocking on christmas morning, or a package tightly wrapped up in a pretty bow. No those things, the things that make me SO happy come with no price tag or a return receipt. i didn't shop black friday sales to find them, but some how as seen fit from my loving Father in Heaven i was blessed with friends, family, neighbors, and many wonderful people in my life.
it was wonderful to sit in the big room at Uncle Gordy's and look around me and see the smiling faces of all those who know me so well. those whom i love so much. as gifts were exchanged and memories were discussed i couldn't help but sit back and just smile at the fact that this Christmas i was here! i could see my grandparents, my cousins and my aunts and uncles. and i could feel of their spirit. most special to me however was the presence of my dear sweet Grandma and Grandpa Zilles. They gave me a precious gift a board for my wall with the words engraved "Princess". To always remind me that i am their princess, i always have been and i always will be. Andrew also gave me a gift i will treasure forever, he compiled my entire Ecuador Blog into a book that i can keep forever and generations from now people will still be able to read, and fall in love my Ecuador all over again.



(6 a.m Christmas Morning! Excited Faces)



As is tradition we all slept in my room. slumber party in my room tradition started years ago when the rule was made that we couldn't go out and see our presents from santa until everyone was awake. (it made it much easier to all be sleeping together because we could wake eachother up) well dad set the rule that we couldn't wake up until 6... well i would have gladly slept until then but bud and lou were awake by 5 talking all excitedly etc. well at 6 we finally got to go see our stockings. Santa totally spoiled us this year. i got an MP3 player which i LOVE and a new watch. louie got a pink hair straightener!!! and buddy found carhart overalls. it was wonderful to all be together.

We ate Christmas breakfast together with our good friend jim carter. it's always fun to have him there christmas morning, and wouldn't feel right with out him.

That evening we passed as usual at Grandma and Grandpa Barringers. it was so fun to be with everyone. even uncle val came. and Austin and his fiance Saje. Grandma and grandpa spoiled us as always and i got a wonderful new coat. Dalton who had my name got me some super cute new silverware for my apartment!



I love the Christmas season and the spirit that it brings. it's always sad to see it come to and end. i do "want the season to last all year round" but i know that it can. as we strive to keep Christ in our lives daily we can have Christmas in our hearts all year round.

Feliz Navidad!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. I love love love that first picture of you and Lou and Bud! I have got to make one of those for me and grandma! I want to thank you for the beautiful blog! It is so neat for me to be your mom and to see things how I see them and to read your thoughts! Thank you for being you! Thank you for making it such a beautiful holiday season! It was so wonderful to have you back!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete